Who Hijacked Our Country

Saturday, January 08, 2011

Rep. Michael Grimm Supports Obamacare

A Republican congressman has spelled out, with crystal clear logic, exactly why everyone needs access to health care. Here is Rep. Michael Grimm's explanation of why health insurance is so crucial:

“What am I, not supposed to have health care? It's practicality. I'm not going to become a burden for the state because I don't have health care and, God forbid I get into an accident and I can't afford the operation...That can happen to anyone.”

YES. That’s exactly It. Every one of these “Repeal Obamacare” dickwads should read that quotation over and over until they finally grasp —

Oh, wait…huh…this can’t be right. Let me get this straight now: In the above quote, the congressman was saying he wants socialized medicine for himself, but not for the lowly public.

In fact, it turns out that the above-mentioned Michael Grimm (R—Self-Absorbed Cocksucker) campaigned adamantly against socialized medicine and even signed a pledge to repeal Obamacare if he got elected. And now that he’s been elected, he goes into a panic at the thought of not having taxpayer-financed medical coverage for himself.

This flaming douchebag is yet another example — as if we needed another one — that lawmakers are too sheltered, pampered and completely removed from the day-to-day problems that plague the rest of us. Their motto should be: “A nanny state for me (financed by YOUR tax dollars), bootstraps for you.”

And to all the gullible inbreds who voted for this dildo: Fuck You Very Much.


Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger MRMacrum said...

While I am in favor of basic healthcare for everyone on the public dime or at the least way cheaper than it is now, what bothers me more is the delusion we have that our healthcare is the best in the world. Bullshit. My last few encounters with the healthcare world have been disastorous. And it had nothing to do with cost. They are just doing a shitty job in my opinion and charging more for it. It's a racket not a service.

January 8, 2011 at 3:31 AM  
Blogger Demeur said...

Crum - You realize of course that that's all caused by the fact that it's profit driven, something it shouldn't be.
When those at the top demand more tests and procedures just to make more money for the shareholders then it's wrong. We've gotten to the point of assembly line medicine. If you spend more than 6 minutes with a doctor at a clinic then you're doing well. But it's not the doctors' fault. They can only do what their administrators tell them to do.

January 8, 2011 at 10:28 AM  
Blogger Beekeepers Apprentice said...

I find that my doctors tend to ignore symptoms I actually tell them about, and latch onto symptoms I don't even have but they are convinced that I should. If they would just listen during that 6 minutes I get with them, they might learn something.

Tom, y'know, just when you think one of them has said the stupidest thing yet, here comes another to raise the bar.

January 9, 2011 at 5:39 AM  
Blogger Dave Dubya said...

Hypocrisy is what they think of as virtue.

January 9, 2011 at 7:02 AM  
Anonymous Jolly Roger said...

Why doesn't anyone understand? They are SPECIAL, and they DESERVE GUBMINT healthcare. YOU are NOT! YOU deserve NOTHING!

Any questions?

January 9, 2011 at 11:15 AM  
Blogger Tom Harper said...

MRM: I've been lucky so far; I've had few experiences with doctors. (Knock wood.) But from what I've heard, most people would share your description of "a racket not a service."

My most recent experience, in the mid and late '90s, was with a dentist and a periodontist who worked as a well-oiled team to squeeze every penny out of everybody. To them, the most important thing in the world was to conduct every possible test and procedure. Any question about cost or necessity would be met with a sigh of disbelief and "We're talking about your teeth here. I mean, jeez."

Demeur: You're right, it's definitely a profit-driven moneymaking operation.

Bee: I think doctors want their patients to be completely inarticulate and uninformed and just say "uhh, this hurts when I do this." If you show any initiative and try to guess what's causing something, even if it's based on past experience, they'll get all huffy and defensive. You can almost hear them thinking "now, who's the doctor?"

Dave: Along with greed and bigotry.

JR: That's exactly what they think. They don't even try to hide it any more.

January 9, 2011 at 4:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home