Who Hijacked Our Country

Friday, January 20, 2006

You Go Google!

Somebody needs to stand up to the George Orwell Franz Kafka George W. Bush juggernaut. Leave it to one of the best and brightest American companies to step up to the plate. (PSSST — hey Eric, Larry, Sergey: will this improve my search engine ranking?)

Hopefully J. Edgar Hoover Bush has finally met his match. This administration usually just goes after individuals and small businesses; people unlikely or unable to fight back. Hopefully this spoiled little cokespoon-clutching preppy dickwipe has finally picked the wrong person to fuck with.

Now, where are all these pro-business conservatives who are always yelling about government meddling in the private sector? We need you. Speak up! Speak now or forever shut the fuck up.

If Little Boy Blueblood is able to steamroll over Google (and anyone else who doesn’t bow down to his every whim and tantrum), where will it end? Is every web search you’ve ever done, every web site you’ve ever visited, going to be on record in a national databank somewhere? Or maybe it already is.

Should we just go ahead and install a telescreen in every room, or is it still too early for that?

In some ways, this is a shrewd business move for Google. Whatever the concrete results, this decision at least makes them look like they're putting their customers’ privacy and dignity at a higher priority than pleasing the Caliph. And of course there are risks…you’ve probably noticed that the only government officials who ever dare to even remotely say the most mildly, slightly negative thing about Johnny Walker George W. Bush are: ex-employees of the Bush Administration. Hmmm…how could this be?

For those of you deciding which search engine or ISP to use: Microsoft, Yahoo and AOL have all bent over for Adolph complied with Boy George.

OK, let’s hear from you. How do you feel about the Heir to the Bush Crime Family looking over your shoulder to watch every move you make? C’mon, vote. You have several choices here: everything from “tell that Jim Beam-guzzling little pukebag to get the fuck out of my face and get a life” to “I love George W. Bush and I want him to salivate over every move I make,” and several choices in between. The American People are speaking. Vote Now!

16 Comments:

Blogger The Rambling Taoist said...

Tom,
I absolutely detest Microsoft, but, even if they stood up to Dubya over this issue, I'd applaud 'em. Of course, they didn't and now I detest them even more.

Hooray for Google!!!

January 21, 2006 at 2:18 AM  
Blogger Gunga Dan said...

Gee, Tom, if you're not doing anything wrong, what are you afraid of? Heh heh.

January 21, 2006 at 10:27 AM  
Blogger Tom Harper said...

Trey: I wouldn't expect Microsoft to stick their necks out for any political cause. That gaybashing minister in Seattle sure has them cowering in a corner.

Brother Kenya: That's right, since I don't have anything to hide, they can go ahead and search all my records and listen in on all my phone calls :)

January 21, 2006 at 11:13 AM  
Blogger Mike V. said...

Yea, I posted about this as well.
This is some unbelievable bullshit of the highest order.
Even my Bush-supporting local rag the San Diego Union Tribune is backing Google here on their editorial page.

January 21, 2006 at 7:48 PM  
Blogger Tom Harper said...

Mike V.: I'm glad the San Diego Union Tribune is on Google's side. It would certainly be logical for pro-business people to be on Google's side, but then we're not living in a logical time.

I liked your post. I couldn't think of a comment to add, but I'm glad a lot of people are posting on this.

January 21, 2006 at 8:32 PM  
Blogger frstlymil said...

I posted on this issue as well - and I applaud Google for actually remembering that the country the corporation is based in actually does have a written set of laws to adhere to, regardless of what our lawless president seems to disregard. Just because the President chooses to blatantly disregard our nations laws does not mean the rest of us have to act according to dreadful example.

January 22, 2006 at 10:11 AM  
Blogger Kitchen Window Woman said...

TOM...
BRAVO GOOGLE!!!!!!
The request for Google's lists are just the latest manuever by the Bush neocon Nazis. I plan to keep doing searches, writing, and talking to exercise my FREEDOM and my RIGHTS as a citizen of the DEMOCRACY known as The United States of America. Hell, all they have to do is ask me....I'll tell them what I think and ask Bush & Co. whatever questions I have about their unAmerican, illegal behavior.

p.s. You sure do come up with some amazingly creative descriptions of Georgie Boy and his pals!!!!

January 22, 2006 at 12:51 PM  
Blogger Tom Harper said...

Frstlymil: I read your post; that was a fascinating experience you had. I'm sure glad Google is standing up for our (and their) rights -- at least for now.

I'm almost tempted to use Yahoo and AOL for some really blatant searches, like Bin Laden + bestiality + bomb-making. But I probably won't. It might backfire and I'd wake up in Gitmo or Abu Ghraib.

Kitchen Window Woman: Yup, let's hear it for Google. Somebody has to start standing up for us. If Bush is able to do this, what will his next step be? I guess these creative descriptions of Bush just keep coming. I think of a few more every time there's yet another headline about his latest assault on the American people.

January 22, 2006 at 4:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for Google!

January 22, 2006 at 5:52 PM  
Blogger Tom Harper said...

Canadian Dude: Yup, I'm glad they're standing up to GWB.

January 22, 2006 at 6:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love seeing big money fight the government - especially if Google wins we all win.

However an analyst brought up a point. Google should have no need to be holding on to that sort of information for a long period -otherwise they could be as dangerous as the Feds


Erik

January 22, 2006 at 11:02 PM  
Blogger Tom Harper said...

Erik: You're right on both counts. Google (or someone equally large and poweful) is who us "common" people need to fight for us. And yes, if they're holding onto this information longer than they need to, why?

It's like one of those recent identity theft scandals. A laptop computer was stolen, and all the information in it was several months old. Why was the bank still holding onto that information when all of the information had already been processed and no longer served any purpose? (Except to make money for identity thieves)

January 23, 2006 at 1:16 AM  
Blogger Howard McEwen, CFA said...

I haven't read up on this issue too much, but from the sounds of it I would lean on google's side.

However, I wish google would stand up to the Chinese communist as sternly. I guess they only cave when market share is on the line.

January 23, 2006 at 8:46 AM  
Blogger Tom Harper said...

Howard McEwen: True, it would've been nice if they'd stood up to China too. But that bottom line is a big motivator.

January 23, 2006 at 10:44 AM  
Blogger Snave said...

I don't think that the government's wanting to look at all our internet searches has anything to do with national security. I think it has everything to do with some folks in our government wanting to keep us under their thumb, particularly when it comes to their "moral values", and then particularly in the area of of our sexual behaviors.

It must be unhealthy for people to spend as much of their time thinking about sex as much as the social/religious conservatives seem to. So much of what they wail about has to do with sex. Maybe that's why fundamentalist churches seem to be growing in America... all that thinking about sex is a step toward learning that in some cases, having sex can lead to having babies. Then again, I think about sex all the time and I'm not conservative. I guess the puritans just want to have a say in who can think about sex and who can't, so I hope Google doesn't cave...

If they do, the wingnuts might look at my searches and put me on a list of sex offenders, or some such thing. I suppose I should probably steer clear of Google image searches like "people doing it with goats in hot tubs" and "family nude 'Twister'photos".
Better safe than sorry, I always say.

January 27, 2006 at 11:22 AM  
Blogger Tom Harper said...

Snave: I don't think it has anything to do with National Security either. I think this administration is so drunk on power, that by this point they just use power for its own sake. It's an end in itself.

I've been using a program called Window Washer. It's supposed to delete all of your "footprints" on the Internet. I only bought it because it's supposed to make you less susceptible to spyware and viruses; but now it seems like it serves another purpose too. I haven't tampered with the settings at all, but there's one setting that's supposed to be at the same security level that the Dept. of Defense uses.

January 27, 2006 at 11:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home