Who Hijacked Our Country

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

At Least America is Still Manufacturing SOMETHING

Don’t listen to those doom-and-gloom liberals. America does TOO manufacture something: Refugees.

According to the United Nations, the number of worldwide refugees went way up in 2007. The ongoing quagmire in Iraq is responsible for a large part of the increase. Afghanistan and Iraq were the two leading countries of origin for refugees.

Afghan refugees make up 27% of the world’s refugee population. Several million of them are living in Pakistan and Iran. Iran??? What the F#$% are they doing there? Let’s hope these Afghan refugees don’t become collateral damage, with Iran being in our crosshairs.

Iraq came in second. Over two million Iraqis have taken refuge in Jordan and Syria.

Operation Iraqi Freedom — the gift that keeps on giving.

cross-posted at Bring It On!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger American Hill BIlly said...

Tom,

It all just sucks!! Don't forget the Palestinians that broke down the wall between them and Egypt. I don't know how many they let in there, but when Israel cuts your fuel, water, and food off, I guess you don't have any other choice.
I don't mind a truly free global market, but that's not what we have. I remember when I got my 98' Dodge diesel. It had a proud Union sticker on the driver door. I left it there. I was proud of it being made(I think) in Illinois. Then I crawled under it to marvel at the massive components. Stamped into the heavy metal were hecho en Mexico....WTF??? I get an idiot sticker. It's like when Dubya first went to war, and all US idiots were driving around with those little US flags on OUR windows....Made In China??????????
Yea I'm Free They Told Me So!!!God Dammit!!

Peace and Freedom

June 19, 2008 at 3:47 AM  
Blogger Tom Harper said...

AHB: Yeah, those Palestinians in the Gaza Strip should qualify as refugees. They probably aren't officially designated as refugees, technically. There are 1.5 million of them, and they aren't allowed to leave Gaza Strip. We used to be against that when communist countries did it, but it seems to be OK when Israel does it.

June 19, 2008 at 10:09 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

And based on what I've read, none of those refugees have any desire to go back to their homes. I have the Tom Petty song "Refugee" stuck in my head now.

June 20, 2008 at 5:25 AM  
Blogger Tom Harper said...

Ricardo: These refugees would probably like to go home if things changed in their home countries. I guess it depends on what they were fleeing from -- poverty, repression, civil war. In the case of Afghanistan, there's been an ongoing mass exodus from that country since 1979 when Russia invaded. So there are huge numbers of Afghan refugees, mid-20s and younger, who have never been to Afghanistan. Whatever country they were born in is "home" to them.

And now I have that same Tom Petty song running through my head...

June 20, 2008 at 10:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home