Who Hijacked Our Country

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

President Barack Obama: “I Have a Drone”

I haven’t been too alarmed by the recent spying scandals.  By now I just assume that every conversation and every keystroke is being monitored by somebody somewhere.  But this poster really cracked me up:

Martin Luther King:  “I have a Dream.”  Barack Obama:  “I have a Drone.”

I found the poster at this article about Germans’ disappointment with Obama.  Like American voters, Germans were ecstatic when Barack Obama got elected in 2008.  Now, not so much.  Like us, they’re disillusioned over his failed campaign promises to tackle climate change and close the Gulag at Guantanamo Bay.

Ironically, they’re really pissed off about the National Security Agency’s surveillance programs — not that they have room to talk.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yet they keep electing a conservative like Merkel?

Tell them to fix their own house first if they want positive change


Erik

June 18, 2013 at 12:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like Merkel. But I'm a Jesus loving pot smoking communist that really doesn't give a fuck.

Fucking huge week. First black US President visiting Africa. Fucking huge. The less people that notice, the better. Alone, that's so fucking profound, but I'm a selfish motherfucker. Good post Tom.

June 18, 2013 at 3:35 PM  
Anonymous Eternal Optimist said...

(cont) Ok, I'm being too obscure. It's huge because all the wack job evangelicals, THIS is their chance, for the world to end, according to fundamentalism! The big one!

And it's not going to!

Fucking moron clergy. All of them. Imagine it. It's beautiful.

June 18, 2013 at 5:31 PM  
Blogger Randal Graves said...

Godwin's watching you.

June 19, 2013 at 9:18 AM  
Blogger Tom Harper said...

Erik: I agree, Germany should clean their own house first.

Anonymous: You're right, no end of the world, no Rapture. The Biblewads will just have to stay here on Earth and deal with their own problems.

Randal: That's OK, Godwin's Law only applies when there's a Republican in the White House.

June 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home