Who Hijacked Our Country

Monday, October 24, 2016

Don't Touch That Dial! The 2018 Election will Feature Even MORE Mudslinging!

If you're worried about getting bored and restless after November 8th, fear not:

Even if Democrats win the Senate this year, Republicans are practically guaranteed to recapture it with a vengeance in the 2018 election.

“What few people talk about — but should — is that this could be a very short-lived majority for Senate Democrats, as the 2018 field is remarkably bad for them.

The numbers for that year are stunning: 25 Democratic or Democratic-affiliated independents are up for reelection, compared with just eight Republicans. That’s as lopsided an election cycle as you will ever see.

But a look inside the numbers makes the Democrats’ challenge in 2018 all the more daunting. Fully 20 percent of the 25 Democratic seats are in states that then-Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney carried in 2012 (and even Trump is likely to carry on Nov. 8): Indiana, Missouri, Montana, North Dakota and West Virginia.”

OK, get that relieved complacent expression off your face, clench your teeth and make a fist 'til your knuckles turn white.  And maintain that posture for at least two more years. 

Never a dull moment. 


Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger MRMacrum said...

I find the recent talk about how Republican voters are more likely to stay home this election than ever before interesting. It most certainly will not carry over to the mid terms. ANd if the Democrats do what they normally do in mid terms and stay home, your prediction seems the likely result.

In our mess we call the "political process", I am not sure who I am more disgusted with.

And with "Hillary Hate" more embedded than even "Obama Hate", it is possible we will be living with a crippled process for the foreseeable future.

October 25, 2016 at 5:34 AM  
Blogger Tom Harper said...

MRM: I really hope Democrats will start voting in non-presidential elections. Conservatives have been counting on this for decades -- the fact that Conservatives always vote come hell or high water, and Democrats/liberals might vote if the weather is nice and there's nothing good on the tube.

I personally will be taking a long mental/psychological break from politics after November 8th. But I always vote; I can't think of any midterm election or any local election where I didn't vote.

October 25, 2016 at 12:06 PM  
Blogger MRMacrum said...

I will always vote also. My dead ancestors would rise up out of their graves and drag me down to the town hall It I tried to skip out.

BTW - when I was moving my cursor down to hit the comment button for this comment, I must have clicked too soon and hit the "Max Mania" name in blue on the deleted comment. Suddenly I found myself on a Man/boy sex site. Maybe a good idea would be to delete the whole thing if possible. At the least report it to Google.

October 27, 2016 at 2:33 PM  
Blogger Tom Harper said...

MRM: I agree, not voting just doesn't seem right.

That spam comment was a former acquaintance whom I haven't seen in awhile (Thank God). Every time I think he can't possibly go any further off the deep end, he does. When I recognized his name on the list of comments waiting for moderation, I just reflexively published it. But you're right, I don't want that sickass logo on display in the comments, so I'll delete it.

October 27, 2016 at 10:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How old do you have to be to remember dials?

Erik

October 28, 2016 at 5:50 AM  
Blogger Tom Harper said...

Erik: LOL. I hadn't thought of that. Another aging boomer giveaway that I walked right into. I guess the millennial translation would be "Don't change your Pandora settings" or "set your DVR for the following..." or "this newest app will allow you to..."

October 28, 2016 at 10:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home