Who Hijacked Our Country

Monday, January 30, 2012

Newt Gingrich’s “Work Ethic”

Make sure your irony meter is turned off when you read this; otherwise it’ll squawk loud enough to wake up your whole neighborhood.

Newt Gingrich has become famous as a no-nonsense hard-driving Boss from Hell who wants young children to become janitors so they’ll develop a strong work ethic.  And yet Newt Gingrich himself never worked during his own school years; not even in college.

It figures.  Just as a chickenhawk is willing to fight to the last drop of somebody else’s blood, Newt Gingrich’s “work ethic” only applies to other people.  And of course it’s the same with Gingrich’s “family values” rhetoric.  It comes in handy for whipping up the Biblehumps during a campaign speech; nevermind the fact that Gingrich himself has had more marriages than most Hollywood VIPs.

And yes Newt Gingrich is a chickenhawk in the literal sense.  While Gingrich was getting one college deferment after another, the Vietnam War was raging and the draft was grinding up and spitting out every person over eighteen who couldn’t buy his way out of it.  Apparently chickenhawks apply the same “preach it but don’t practice it” motto to everything; not just war.

Gingrich spent his college years asking and pleading for money from his father and step-mother, so he wouldn’t have to work.  And after he married his first wife — yes, the same wife he served with divorce papers while she was in the hospital receiving cancer treatments — it was HER income that put Gingrich all the way through the rest of his education; right up to his Ph.D.

In a final bit of sick irony, Newt Gingrich actually confirms the rightwing meme about welfare creating a nation of helpless incompetent parasites.  After all, Newt Gingrich lived on other people’s money for the first three decades of his life — and look what it did to him.

Labels: ,

17 Comments:

Blogger Jerry Critter said...

No surprise here. After all, republicans are all about "do as I say, not as I do".

January 30, 2012 at 1:40 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

I hope Newt is paying his fair share

January 30, 2012 at 2:20 PM  
Blogger Jerry Critter said...

It would appear not.

January 30, 2012 at 2:32 PM  
Anonymous Screamin' Mimi said...

I wish I still thought this guy was funny; now I'm so disgusted by everything about him that I can't laugh anymore.

January 30, 2012 at 2:38 PM  
Anonymous Jess said...

What a way to talk to the 'rents huh, "would you people help me" My dad would have given me so much grief if I talked to him or my mother like that. Gingrich has even been quoted as saying, it's not what I do people care about it's what I say.

I don't know how to diss him without being a hypocrite myself, because my rental units paid for both my Bachelor and Masters degrees and I never had to hold down a job like many people have had to while going through school.

Um, wrong again troll. I see Jerry has given you the info, once again, since you are too lazy to look it up for your own self, so I don't have to.

January 30, 2012 at 2:39 PM  
Anonymous Jess said...

I had to click on the bridge dwellers link. LA Times blog from 2009, when we have stuff from last year and this to show he did not pay Medicare taxes and tax on all his not lobbying businesses. Troll, you have got to come up with recent info to stay with us here, it's getting really boring being able to correct you so easily. Ah for the good old days of real trolls, who knew what they were doing.

January 30, 2012 at 2:43 PM  
Blogger Mr. Charleston said...

Preaching to the choir Tom, preachin' to the choir. I had some interaction with the Newt when he was in the Georgia legislature. He was just as big a prick then.

January 30, 2012 at 5:16 PM  
Blogger Jerry Critter said...

Pricks are limp most of the time just pissing now and then. Occasionally they get all jacked up over something, shoot off their mouths, and then shrink away.

Newt will be shrinking away soon.

January 30, 2012 at 5:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw in a Debate Ron Paul called Newt out for not serving in the Military. Newt said he had a wife and a kid. Paul replied that he had a wife and two kids and he still served.

Erik

January 30, 2012 at 7:17 PM  
Anonymous S.W. Anderson said...

I doubt Gingrich has done much actual work since he finally finished his education. And BTW, when did they start awarding Ph.D's in dipstickery?

If there is anything in the GOP's sordid primaries spectacle worth less than Mitt Romney's position on anything, it's Newt Gingrich. The man has weight, takes up space and is a complete waste of both.

January 30, 2012 at 9:33 PM  
Anonymous Jolly Roger said...

I hope Newt is paying his fair share

You poor dumb broad, apparently your parents never taught you that what someone ELSE does, or doesn't do, doesn't mean a damn thing as far as what YOU should do. You're like Newt; you can point fingers all day, but you really don't have anything positive to offer. You must be a mooch and a slouch, like your wet dream hero.

January 31, 2012 at 1:23 AM  
Blogger jadedj said...

What JR said. Doubled.

January 31, 2012 at 5:19 AM  
Blogger Demeur said...

Let us not forget Romneyvision. Call a plastic surgeon. The guy doesn't have enough sides on his face to talk out of.
Saying his dad marched with Martin Luther King? Excuse me Mittens the Morman church didn't allow blacks into it until 1978 long after King was killed.

January 31, 2012 at 9:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Demeur

Actually Blacks could join the Mormon Church, they couldn't be full members nor priest (in spite of that there were still some members believe it or not). What's more important is that 1978 incident brought out the Mormon's biblical condemnations of every race but the white one that they are still trying to back pedal from today.

Erik

January 31, 2012 at 10:36 AM  
Anonymous Screamin' Mimi said...

And I just LOVE all the little TV spots that show "ordinary" people of all races/ages/genders/etc. and ending with "And I'm a Mormon."

Naturally Romney is claiming he didn't even know about those ads. Tee-hee.

January 31, 2012 at 1:04 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Oh JR go worship at the alter of Obama while he leads you into the abyss.
But he sounds so smart doing it!

January 31, 2012 at 1:24 PM  
Blogger Tom Harper said...

Jerry: Yup, that's their motto.

SM: He's about 20%funny and 80% disgusting.

Jess: I certainly wouldn't have ever taken that tone to my parents or any older relative.

Mr. C: I believe it. Gingrich has struck me as a totally obnoxious asshole ever since I first heard of him.

Jerry: Unfortunately every time I think Gingrich has gone limp for good, he stands up again.

Erik: Good for Ron Paul. I'm glad somebody called Gingrich on his chickenhawkiness.

SW: Excellent description of Gingrich. I agree wholeheartedly.

JR, jadedj: What you guys said.

Demeur: If Romney had a mouth for every position he's taken, he'd have more mouths than a centipede has legs.

Erik: Blacks could join the Mormon Church? I can't imagine why they'd want to.

SM: I hope other people will spoof those ads: "My daddy married his sister, I'm a dumb bigot and I'm a Mormon."

January 31, 2012 at 2:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home