Who Hijacked Our Country

Sunday, September 24, 2006

My Confession

OK, I’m unable to sleep nights until I admit this: For the past two years I have been single-handedly spamming all of your blogs. Yup, I’m the culprit. All of those times that you checked for new comments and all you found were a bunch of annoying sales pitches — It Was Me!!! BWAAHAAHAAHAAAA!!!!

The above paragraph is a bunch of bullshit, of course. But for some reason Blogger has decided that this site is a spam blog. WTF??? Sure I write some inflammatory posts that piss people off, but — SPAM??? Come on.

Several weeks ago I started getting that F#%$! Word Verification thing in the Blogger menu where you publish your posts. I just thought it was a new Blogger procedure; I was usually in too much of a hurry to click on the Help logo next to the Word Verification. Two days ago I finally clicked on the Help logo and got a message that “your blog has characteristics of a spam blog.” Oooookay.

At some point someone from Blogger will check out the blog and (hopefully) decide that it isn’t a spam blog. (There’s an online form to fill out and send to Blogger Help.)

Oh, while you’re here, check out some of these fantastic deals I can get you on Real Estate, Low Interest Car Loans and Discount House Cleaning. (Just Kidding!!)

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry, but if it doesn't involve make my "you-know-what" bigger, then I'm really not interested.

September 24, 2006 at 10:17 PM  
Blogger Tom Harper said...

Kvatch: Oops. Back to the drawing board. I'll try to be a better spammer.

September 25, 2006 at 1:34 AM  
Blogger Jolly Roger said...

You can always inquire of friends what ight be available in the way of web space and blog software elsewhere...

September 25, 2006 at 1:58 AM  
Blogger Keith said...

I had a similar problem with Blogger and they locked me out of my site until a person reviewed it and found that it was not a spam blog or link farm... I think they have a program that randomly Flags sites incorrectly then some employee has to look at them and see if the program did it's job or not... I'm sure the program is a "Work-In-Progress" becuase I have taked to others that had the same thing happen...

September 25, 2006 at 6:06 AM  
Blogger Tom Harper said...

Jolly Roger: Yeah, I'll see what I have to do.

Keith: Locked out, that really sucks. My only limitation is that I have to fill in that Word Verification thing whenever I publish, but I can live with that.

September 25, 2006 at 11:58 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Looks like a lot of Spam to me. :)

September 25, 2006 at 1:52 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

It's a right wing conspiracy I tell ya! Those suckers will be sorry if the Dem's win in Nov... :p

September 25, 2006 at 2:03 PM  
Blogger Tom Harper said...

Jenn: And that's a nonpolitical viewpoint of course :)

Dusty: Yup, it's that damn Right Wing Conspiracy again.

September 25, 2006 at 4:15 PM  
Blogger Kiley said...

SPAMMER!!! I'm gonna report you, Tom. ;-P

September 25, 2006 at 6:53 PM  
Blogger Mike V. said...

everyone knows that good boner drugs makes the internets go 'round..

September 25, 2006 at 8:44 PM  
Blogger Tom Harper said...

Ariadnek: Uh oh, I'm busted.

Mike: Oh yeah, don't I know that. I've sold millions of them from all my different spam sites :)

September 25, 2006 at 9:44 PM  
Blogger Mags said...

Well, if Blogger decides to kick you to the curb, there's always WordPress.

September 25, 2006 at 10:38 PM  
Blogger Tom Harper said...

Mags: That's true, I've heard good things about WordPress. (That's who Bring It On! uses.) But a little earlier I got an e-mail from the Blogger help desk, saying my blog was examined and determined not to be spam. So I guess I've been exonerated.

September 26, 2006 at 12:09 AM  
Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

do you think you can get them to quit sending me penile extender spam?

September 27, 2006 at 8:04 PM  
Blogger Tom Harper said...

Yellowdog Granny: OK, I'll have a word with my subordinates and tell them to take your name off the list :)

September 27, 2006 at 8:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home