Who Hijacked Our Country

Wednesday, January 09, 2013

Driver plus Corporation Papers = Carpool

Well, why not?  If corporations are people, then having your corporation papers with you in the car should qualify you to drive in the carpool lane.

Jonathan Frieman of San Rafael, CA is testing this theory in court as we speak.  He was pulled over for driving by himself in the carpool lane.  He showed the police officer his corporation papers and said they should qualify as a passenger since, you know, corporations are people.

Needless to say, the officer was not impressed.

As you’ve probably guessed, Jonathan Frieman does NOT think corporations are people.  He’s been trying for ten years to get pulled over for driving alone — except for his corporation papers — in the carpool lane, just so he could take the issue to court and see if corporations really are people.

Right now he’s facing a $481 fine for driving solo in the carpool lane; he has an upcoming court hearing.  He told NBC News:

“I’m just arresting their power and using it for my service to drive in the carpool lane.”

Makes sense to me.  Either corporations are people are they aren’t.  Which is it?  This upcoming court hearing might settle the issue once and for all.

If corporations are people and money is speech, then we should all be able to take advantage of this.  The next time I get pulled over for a traffic violation, maybe I’ll say:

“Hmm, $300 speeding ticket?  I don’t have the money, so I’ll just sit here and talk at you.  When I’ve done $300 worth of chitchatting, let me know and I’ll be on my way.”

Come to think of it, Im behind on the rent, and I can be very talkative, so perhaps the landlord...

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Mr. Charleston said...

Good luck in finding your new home. On second thought, pay the fine, the move will kill you.

January 9, 2013 at 4:20 PM  
Blogger Tom Harper said...

Mr. C: You're right, I certainly wouldn't want to go through the moving ordeal you were posting about.

January 10, 2013 at 10:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In the early days of the Carpool lane a guy used to use it to deliver dead bodies to funeral homes, until they amended the law for dead bodies

Erik

January 19, 2013 at 7:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home