Who Hijacked Our Country

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Rightwing Radio Host Condemns John Kasich’s Union-Busting Law

On November 8th Ohio voters will get a chance to overturn Governor John Kasich’s Cripple-Labor-Unions law.  Opinion polls show the union-busting law to be unpopular and likely to be voted down.

And now, of all people, rightwing radio host Bill Cunningham has blasted John Kasich for refusing to meet with labor unions before he pushed for his anti-worker law, Senate Bill 5.  Bill Cunningham said:

“From my perspective, those affected by governmental decisions need to have a place at the bargaining table to determine the outcome of what’s being discussed.  The best Americans I know are cops, firefighters, and teachers. They’re reasonable and they’re good people.”

And then he went on to urge Ohio voters to vote No on the anti-worker law (Issue 2.)

I’d never heard of Bill Cunningham before, but whatever his views are on other issues, he’s got this one dialed.

Labels: , , , , ,

10 Comments:

Anonymous Jolly Roger said...

I was rather shocked when Cunningham came out against it. Being the good Nazi that he is, I figured he'd be all over it.

October 25, 2011 at 3:34 PM  
Anonymous Jess said...

Romney is all about hedging on it at some campaign stop there in Ohio too.

October 25, 2011 at 4:29 PM  
Blogger Snave said...

Whoa, a conservative who believes unions ought to be present at the bargaining table? And who doesn't cut down teachers? Hmmmm, is temperature in hell starting to go down?

October 25, 2011 at 7:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If he's a local commentator, then it could be because he's a Union Member himself. Radio and TV stations are heavily Union.

Otherwise this doesn't make sense


Erik

October 25, 2011 at 9:37 PM  
Blogger Randal Graves said...

How could you have never heard of four-time NBA all-star Bill Cunningham?

October 26, 2011 at 6:20 AM  
Blogger Demeur said...

He knows if he doesn't back unions his will kick him out.

October 26, 2011 at 11:31 AM  
Blogger Tom Harper said...

JR: Like they say about a broken clock that's right twice a day...

Jess: Last I heard, Romney was "110% behind" the union busting law, but he's probably flipflopped a few times since then.

Snave: Hell has frozen over and a pig just flew past my window.

Erik: I don't know anything else about him, but I'm glad he's on the right side, for this particular issue anyway.

Randal: Bill Cunningham wears many hats.

Demeur: That's as good an explanation as any.

October 26, 2011 at 2:16 PM  
Anonymous S.W. Anderson said...

Cunningham was interviewed on The Ed Show Wednesday night. Yes, he's against this particular bill. But he couldn't say enough about what a great guy and governor Kasich is. Kasich is his friend. He introduced Kasich at some big event. He voted for Kasich at every chance and will vote to re-elect him. The sun rises and sets on Kasich's ass.

OK, I made that last one up, but the rest is at least half of what Cunningham, who talks a mile a minute, had to say.

A busted clock does get it right twice a day. This guy seems to have gotten it right once in a lifetime. That makes him less accurate than a busted clock, IMO.

October 28, 2011 at 12:42 AM  
Blogger Tom Harper said...

SW: Thanks for the info. I hadn't heard of him until I saw the linked article. He definitely sounds less accurate than a broken clock.

October 28, 2011 at 9:38 AM  
Blogger Jeannie said...

So, as a government employee it is nice that they "collect" my union dues for me against my will and then give it to the union bosses for me. As a taxpayer, why should I be paying for city staff to do all that accounting? Shouldn't I do that for myself?

October 28, 2011 at 12:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home