Who Hijacked Our Country

Monday, October 01, 2012

Romney TROUNCES Obama in the Presidential Debate, Surges Ahead in the Polls


Thursday, October 4, 2012

 

Oh My God!  What happened last night?!?  This can’t be!  The Democrats got sucker punched.  Big Time.

Mitt Romney absolutely KILLED in last night’s TV debate.  WTF???

What happened to that wooden automaton who thinks the Soviet Union still exists?  Or the sheltered arrogant CEO who “connects” with working class Americans by telling folksy anecdotes about his car elevator and his latest trip to the Cayman Islands?

That’s the Mitt Romney we were all expecting in last night’s debate, and he was nowhere to be found.  The Mitt Romney we saw last night was lively, animated, upbeat and likeable.  He totally connected with the moderators and the audience.  And he was completely on top of everything.  He not only didn’t make any gaffes; he actually threw Obama off-message a few times with witty comebacks and carefully researched facts.

I still can’t believe what happened; or understand HOW it happened.

And this isn’t even the worst of it.  Not only has Romney skyrocketed to a double-digit lead over Obama; his incredible upset has given new momentum to Congressional Republicans.  The Senate is almost certain to flip to Republican control, and House Republicans are expected to increase their majority.

And that’s not all.  Sheldon Adelson and the Koch Brothers are ecstatic, and they
re planning to pour a few more billion dollars into Republican coffers.


Its over.

Oh God.  How on Earth did this happen?  Why did we allow ourselves to get so complacent?



WHY?!?!?!?

8 Comments:

Blogger S.W. Anderson said...

I trust you've awakened from this bad dream by now. As for complacency, not me. I wasn't complacent in 2004, but by the time I went to bed on election night I felt certain Kerry had won. I'll never be complacent after that. And I will always be at least somewhat suspicious about various forms of cheating.

October 1, 2012 at 11:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like I picked a bad day to stop sniffing glue


Erik

October 2, 2012 at 8:54 AM  
Anonymous Jess said...

Damn Tom, I have had some seriously good weed in my time on this planet but whatever you are holding, I wants me some of that. Srsly, where can I get some :)

October 3, 2012 at 9:38 AM  
Anonymous Jess said...

Now I have found this, maybe Robme could use it to show he is hip.

http://www.collegehumor.com/video/6830834/mitt-romney-style-gangnam-style-parody

October 3, 2012 at 2:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've seen very few slamdunk debates with the exception of Benson/Quayle but unfortunately didn't change the outcome of the election.

Even in the first Mondale Reagan debate where Mondale had Reagan stumbling and Fumbling the Reagan faithful didn't budge, some even criticized Mondale for picking on Reagan!

Erik

October 3, 2012 at 5:30 PM  
Blogger Tom Harper said...

SW: So far it seems like just a bad dream. But my knuckles will be white until the morning after Election Day.

Erik: Let the sniffing continue until after November 6th.

Jess: Nope, no weed was necessary. Just that patented combination of paranoia and pessimism.

Thanks for the link. I wish Obama had been able to bring out this image of Romney during tonight's debate. Maybe next time...

Erik: I kept hoping Obama would get off a Lloyd Bentsen-style zinger. Next time maybe...

October 3, 2012 at 8:47 PM  
Blogger Jerry Critter said...

You called it, Tom! You're the man!

October 3, 2012 at 10:13 PM  
Blogger Tom Harper said...

Jerry: Oops. I was hoping to be wrong.

October 4, 2012 at 9:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home