Who Hijacked Our Country

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Scott Prouty: The Unsung Hero of the 2012 Presidential Election

Until yesterday, nobody knew the name Scott Prouty.

But last night on MSNBC’s The Ed Show, Scott Prouty revealed his identity as the man who outed Mitt Romney.  Scott Prouty was a bartender at the hotel where Romney spewed out his “47 percent” drivel at a $50,000-a-plate fundraiser.  He recorded Romney’s infamous speech, and then spent several weeks agonizing over whether to release it to the public.  He told Ed Schulz that after he released the tape:

“…I didn’t know how long that story was going to play out, but I thought, boy, this is certainly having an effect that I had hoped and, you know, and it did. And it continued probably longer than I could have ever imagined it would.  But I think it defined him [Romney] at a critical point… and it defined him exactly for who he was.”

Yes indeed, that’s exactly what the tape did — “defined him exactly for who he was.”

After months of Mitt Romney smothering the airwaves with his shifty smarmy twitchy “I care about America; I want to be whoever you want me to be” spewage, Romney was Outed.  Busted!

“Forty-seven percent of Americans are dependent on government handouts…it’s not my job to worry about those people” completely canceled out — Obliterated! — Romney’s millions of well-rehearsed phony soundbites.  The mask was yanked off.

It’s like that children’s radio host, back in the 1950s, who was finishing up his kiddies’ program with a little sing-songy thing, and then, thinking the microphone was off, said “OK, that’ll hold the little bastards for another day.”

We found out what Mitt Romney REALLY thinks.  God only knows how many millions of Americans didn’t vote for Romney who would have voted for him if that fundraising speech hadn’t been revealed.

Thank God Scott Prouty did what he did.

By the way, the camera he used was not even hidden.  It was sitting right there on top of the bar where he was bartending:

"It was sitting there. We were never told cameras aren't allowed. We were never told it was a secret event. You know, and if it was, I wouldn't have brought a camera. So many other people had cameras in the room, I really didn't think anything of it. I just didn't think that it was a big deal."


Labels:

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Man is a hero!

Hopefully there are no Republican hit squads after him

Erik

March 14, 2013 at 2:52 PM  
Blogger Mr. Charleston said...

First thing... damned glad it happened.
Second thing... that camera sure looks like it was on a table to me, like a cell phone maybe. And, I thought, or at least I read, that it was someone like Jimmy Carter's grandson that did the video.
None-the-less, it did indeed out the slimy son-of-a-bitch.

March 14, 2013 at 6:40 PM  
Blogger Jerry Critter said...

We all would be better off if ALL political fundraising and campaign events were required to be recorded. ALL that is except maybe the politican, however.

March 14, 2013 at 7:32 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

what original material. FYI-Romney lost the election.
What do you guy all do go to Moveon.org to get your next blog post? You all have the same post.
Like it or not that comment was pretty much true

March 15, 2013 at 7:58 AM  
Blogger Tom Harper said...

Erik: That was my thought exactly. I hope they don't find this guy floating face down in the East River.

Mr. C: I think Carter's grandson was the middle man, or broker, or whatever, who brought Scott Prouty's video to Mother Jones.

Jerry: I'd like that too. These people are trying to purchase the country; we should get to hear what they're saying.

Lisa: "FYI-Romney lost the election."

Ahh, music to my ears.

March 15, 2013 at 1:30 PM  
Blogger S.W. Anderson said...

Scott Prouty should pursue a career in politics. We need more like him in the parties, in legislatures and especially in Congress.

Prouty should not have had to worry about his safety or his ability to get and keep a job because he conveyed Romney's unscripted, revealing monologue to the public. I'm glad the AFL CIO is hiring Prouty. I'm sure he will serve the organization well.

March 15, 2013 at 9:13 PM  
Blogger Tom Harper said...

SW: We certainly do need a lot more people like Scott Prouty. I didn't know about the AFL-CIO hiring him. That's excellent, a win win.

March 16, 2013 at 11:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home