Who Hijacked Our Country

Monday, February 24, 2014

Harold Ramis

I hate to admit it, but the only thing I knew about Harold Ramis was that he was in Ghostbusters.  He was also in As Good As It Gets, Stripes and High Fidelity, but I didn't remember seeing him in any of those flicks.

I had no idea he was such a prolific writer, director and producer.  I also didn't know or else I forgot that he was part of Second City Television (SCTV).

Harold Ramis was a co-writer of Animal House, Stripes, Meatballs, Ghostbusters, Back to School, Analyze This and Analyze That.  (His writing credits are a lot more extensive than that; I'm only naming the movies I've seen.)

He was also the original head writer of SCTV.




Anonymous Anonymous said...

Same here,

After Ghostbusters you find out how really important he was behind the scenes.

I will miss him.


February 24, 2014 at 2:29 PM  
Blogger Tom Harper said...

Erik: It's too bad he was such an unsung hero, with all the behind-the-scenes work he was doing for 40 years.

February 25, 2014 at 3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home