Who Hijacked Our Country

Monday, February 24, 2014

Harold Ramis

I hate to admit it, but the only thing I knew about Harold Ramis was that he was in Ghostbusters.  He was also in As Good As It Gets, Stripes and High Fidelity, but I didn't remember seeing him in any of those flicks.

I had no idea he was such a prolific writer, director and producer.  I also didn't know or else I forgot that he was part of Second City Television (SCTV).

Harold Ramis was a co-writer of Animal House, Stripes, Meatballs, Ghostbusters, Back to School, Analyze This and Analyze That.  (His writing credits are a lot more extensive than that; I'm only naming the movies I've seen.)

He was also the original head writer of SCTV.

R.I.P.


Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Same here,

After Ghostbusters you find out how really important he was behind the scenes.

I will miss him.


Erik

February 24, 2014 at 2:29 PM  
Blogger Tom Harper said...

Erik: It's too bad he was such an unsung hero, with all the behind-the-scenes work he was doing for 40 years.

February 25, 2014 at 3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home