Who Hijacked Our Country

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Say Something Nasty about the NRA, Get Fired

Journalism professor David Guth hasn’t been fired.  Yet.  But this is a perfect example of why politicians are scared shitless of the National Rifle Association and its army of useful idiots.  If a politician says anything negative about guns or the NRA, the NRA will spend whatever it takes to defeat him/her in the next election.

And if a university professor says something bad about guns, the NRA will use its considerable political clout [see above] to get him fired and blacklisted.  Some of these gun fetishists are so fixated on the Second Amendment, they can’t even grasp why it’s called the Second Amendment.  And that brings us to today’s remedial history lesson:  The Second Amendment is called the Second Amendment because……drum roll……there’s a First Amendment that comes right before it.

I’m pretty neutral about the whole gun issue, so I’m not taking sides here.  But I would have thought the First Amendment would protect someone’s right to make obnoxious comments about the NRA.  Regarding the Washington Navy Yard shootings, Professor David Guth tweeted:

“Blood is on the hands of the #NRA. Next time, let it be YOUR sons and daughters.”

OK, it was a little tasteless.  [see First Amendment above]

Earlier, David Guth had written the following blog post:

“The news of the senseless slaughter today at Washington’s Navy Yard has me again questioning how we can let this madness continue. Frankly, I don’t care if I am criticized for being too quick to judge, too harsh in my criticism or too strident in my tone. The time has passed for niceties and tact. The blood spilled today is on the hands of the National Rifle Association. I don’t care how the NRA tries to spin this.”

The University of Kansas has placed David Guth on indefinite administrative leave.  Guth agreed with this decision, saying:

“It is in the best interests and peace of mind of our students that I remove myself from the situation and let cooler heads prevail.  I know what I meant. Unfortunately, this is a topic that generates more heat than light.”

But that wasn’t enough for the gun masturbators.  The NRA summoned two of its leading prostitutes in the Kansas legislature and ordered them to drop their drawers.  State senate majority leader Terry Bruce and state rep. Brett Hildabrand — both of whose elections were heavily financed by the NRA — performed their tricks as ordered.  Both have demanded that the University of Kansas fire Professor David Guth.

And the Kansas State Rifle Association said it “will do everything possible” to see that David Guth is removed.  When a group of gun worshipers says it “will do everything possible,” what exactly are they referring to?


Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Vert Drakol said...

Personally I believe a professors job is to make people think. He doesn't have to saw something I like. I would argue with him about the deaths caused by the policies called Gun Control. The responsibility of the NRA to fight against the regulations encouraging gang wars and the deaths of gang warlords child soldiers attacking each others homes whether drive by or home invasion.
I wouldn't suggest that his children should be caught in a crossfire between gang raiders, but that is just me. I also understand that he has trouble believing I seriously believe he supports something responsible for killing people.

September 22, 2013 at 6:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really cringe to think about "every means possible" when it comes to the NRA.

Freedom of speech used to be one of our rights -- I guess it still is, unless it offends the NRA.

September 22, 2013 at 9:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember when the NRA fought against the Police for their God Given Right to carry Armour Piercing Bullets made to slice through Bullet Proof Vest that the Police Wear, they are appropriately called "Cop Killers".

As for Guth, his termination has been forthcoming ever since he defended Scopes in the Monkey Trial.

Erik

September 23, 2013 at 2:56 AM  
Blogger Randal Graves said...

Back in my day, we used to bust out a copy of Hustler, not Guns and Ammo, to spank the monkey.

September 23, 2013 at 7:08 AM  
Blogger Jim Marquis said...

Gee, I guess the NRA considers some freedoms more important than others.

September 23, 2013 at 10:52 AM  
Blogger Tom Harper said...

Vert: The professor said his intention was to get a dialogue started. Which he did.

Anonymous: Good question, what does "every means possible" mean when it's a gun fanatic saying it?

Erik: Yup, I remember the NRA pushing for armor-piercing bullets. After all, if armor-piercing bullets are outlawed, only outlaws will have armor-piercing bullets.

Randal: Clearly you haven't seen the centerfold from last month's issue of Guns and Ammo. That huge shiny .357 Magnum with those big long -- ahem, uh, I have to be excused for a minute...

Jim: I think the Second Amendment is the only one they care about.

September 23, 2013 at 8:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You prattle about freedom of speech and then enable moderation and only comments you like get published. Fascist hypocrite.

September 23, 2013 at 10:09 PM  
Blogger Tom Harper said...

In case you have trouble understanding big words: Right above the space for writing comments, I spell it out clearly that I'm using comment moderation ONLY to keep out spam comments. Clueless people always get their comments published, just so I can enable them to embarrass themselves on the Internet.

September 24, 2013 at 1:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home